Olive oil is a staple in many kitchens, but did you know that it also has amazing benefits for your hair? Using olive oil for hair care is a beauty hack that not many people know about. Olive oil is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that can nourish and strengthen your hair, leaving it looking and feeling healthy and vibrant. In this post, we’ll explore the different types of olive oil that are best for hair care, and how you can incorporate them into your beauty routine for beautiful, healthy locks. Whether you have dry, damaged, or frizzy hair, or you have healthy hair that needs a “boost,” there’s an oil that’s perfect for your hair type. So, let’s get started!
Choose the right oil for your hair type
Our hair care oil recommendations:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Also known as EVOO, it nourishes and shines your hair. Suitable for all hair types, it can be used at night, for pre-washing or for the ends.
- Classic and Pure Olive Oil. With extra moisturizing qualities, it is great for dry and thick hair.
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. A very versatile product. This is the best oil for skin, e.g. as a lip balm, but you can also use it for your hair. Coconut oil strengthens hair follicles and stimulates them to grow new hair.
Discover which type of olive oil is best for your hair
There is a type of olive oil that is perfect for all hair types: Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO). Is it your first time applying olive oil to your hair? Then we definitely recommend this type of oil.
If your hair is dry or color-treated, you can get an extra dose of hydration with Classic and Pure Olive Oil.
If your personal care routine also includes body and lip moisturizing, you have a 3-in-1 solution with Coconut Oil.
Benefits of olive oil for scalp
Beyond aesthetics, these are the benefits of olive oil for scalp:
- Moisturized and shinier hair. If your hair is damaged, olive oil will make it shinier and less brittle, thanks to the vitamin E and polyphenols in it. These are antioxidants that protect against external agents, such as the sun.
- Hair growth. Olive oil has regenerative properties to repair hair and accelerate tissue recovery, which stimulates hair growth.
- Split ends no more. That’s right! Say goodbye to split ends thanks to the moisturizing and toning properties of olive oil.
How to apply
- In general, the amount of olive oil you need depends on how much hydration you want for your hair, as well as where you want it. For example, if you want to moisturize your scalp and all of your hair, you will need ¼ cup of olive oil. However, if it is the first time you use olive oil for hair, we recommend just one to two tablespoons.
- Once olive oil is applied, massage deeply for several minutes. For extra conditioning, keep the olive oil after the massage, put on a shower cap and leave it on for at least 15 minutes.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly: make sure there are no olive oil residues in your hair. If necessary, wash with shampoo several times to remove all of the olive oil.
- Your hair type will determine the frequency and duration of this treatment. You can do this several times a week or even leave it on overnight. The next morning, remove olive oil with warm water.
All this nourishment and repair has clear benefits for your hair: it will look shiny, silky and full of life. Try it, it will become your best hair health trick!