Do you know all the possible uses for Spanish olive oil? Do you know there are so many more uses that can still provide you many more benefits? You can’t miss all that Italica Olive Oil has to offer. The versatility of this olive oil will surprise you, with some people calling it “liquid gold”. If you want to find out why, join us. We leave the mysteries behind and tell you all about it!
Find out what Spanish olive oil is used for
Let’s start with the basics. These are some of the usual applications of olive oil in the kitchen:
- It is the most indicated ingredient for cooking, as it is known that oil resists high temperatures, maintains and adds flavor to food like no other. If you fry, for example, olive oil keeps the food crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, without affecting our health. Whenever you can, replace butter with the oil!
- It is a key ingredient for making sauces such as mayonnaise, vinaigrettes or the tastiest sour cream you have ever tried.
- Of course, for dressing and seasoning salads and meat.
- There are other applications where just olive oil will add all the flavor. Did you know that spreading it on top of toast makes a delicious breakfast or snack? You can add crushed tomato, garlic, sugar or ham.
- And how do we add the cherry on top to the menu? Here we have some sweets uses for olive oil to make desserts tastier and healthier.
The health benefits of Spanish olive oil
Have you ever heard that the Mediterranean diet is one of the healthiest in the world? The reason for this is that most of its dishes have olive oil as their main ingredient. Scientific studies endorse this product, naming olive oil the great ally of the immune system, and for preventing different types of cancer. More so, it also controls cholesterol and improves circulation.
Rich in vitamins, including vitamin E, olive oil is also an antioxidant, and said to be the elixir of eternal youth. Celebrities already know it!
Take a spoonful and check how you feel after. Also, if you suffer from diabetes or memory loss, Italica Extra Virgin Olive Oil can help you!
Alternative applications you need to know about Spanish olive oil
- Did you know that you can use Italica Olive Oil as a food preservative? Olive oil has properties that work as a protective film for products. If you apply it to your food, oxygen does not deteriorate the food, reducing waste.
- A drizzle of oil before cooking pasta is all you need to prevent it from sticking. If you didn’t know this tip and want to find out more, read all about it here.
- It is also common to use olive oil for home remedies, passed down for generations. Some applications include, for example, applying olive oil to the lips to cure or prevent dry lips, moisturize the skin or prevent hair loss.
Did you know that you can reuse oil to create new products?
Yes, you have read that correctly! It is very important we recycle oil to protect the environment, but did you know we can also reuse it to reduce waste? Oil can have multiple lives! You can make scented candles, craft homemade soap, moisturizers or scrubs, and even create products to grease hinges or protect furniture.
Now that you know all the applications of Spanish olive oil, are you ready to include Italica Extra Virgin Olive Oil in your diet? Try our two Spanish olive oil recipes suggested in this post. Its flavor, benefits and versatility will surprise you!