Last-minute guests? A simple dinner at home? This olive oil for dipping recipe is perfect for any occasion because it only takes five minutes to assemble and can be made with some ingredients you probably already have at home. It will become your favorite appetizer!
Bread dipping oil recipe
The only ingredients needed to make herb-infused dipping oil are probably in your pantry and can be used to make this quick and simple recipe. We recommend using Italica Extra Virgin Olive Oil so its flavor stands out from the other ingredients.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1/3 cup Italica Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Some bread
First, place the red pepper flakes in a small bowl and add the salt and pepper to taste.
Next, add the chopped garlic to the bowl and mix well with the previous ingredients.
Add the oregano, basil and parsley and mix thoroughly.
Lastly, pour the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, mix everything and it’s ready!
Now, simply take some bread cut into cubes (we suggest a French baguette, an Italian bread or a sourdough loaf), preferably warm and crispy, and enjoy!
Although olive oil dipping sauce for bread is a quick recipe that can be made in just a few minutes, a trick is to let it rest for approximately one hour. This allows the ingredients to mix thoroughly for a bolder flavor.
Remember that the main ingredient in this olive oil herb dip recipe is Italica Extra Virgin Olive Oil, so the storage method will play a key role in the flavor. Store it in a cool, dark place for optimal flavor in any dish.
Mediterranean diet alternatives
- To make a denser olive oil dipping sauce for bread, add the garlic along with the oil, and drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese.
- For a kid-friendly version of this recipe, replace the crushed red pepper flakes with rosemary or thyme. This substitution will give this dipping sauce a fresher yet amazing flavor.
To try other olive oil herbs for dipping recipes, we recommend trying rosemary-infused.