Looking for an easy and healthy dish that suits any occasion, whether it’s a cozy winter evening or a vibrant summer gathering? These two Spanish rice with olives recipes will be welcome additions to your cookbook of dishes with the rich flavor of Spanish olive oil.
Spanish rice with chicken and olives recipe
- Italica Olive Oil
- 14 ounces of short-grain white rice
- 2 medium-sized chicken breasts
- 50 fl oz chicken stock
- ½ cup of white cooking wine
- 3 tomatoes, peeled
- 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 20 pitted green olives approx., to taste
- 1 pinch of paella food coloring, turmeric or saffron
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the chicken into small cubes and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan, heat a splash of olive oil and fry the peeled garlic. Add the bay leaf and the chicken, cooking over low heat until golden brown. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the chopped onion and red pepper to the frying pan. Cook over medium heat, adding a teaspoon of salt. Dice the tomatoes, add them to the frying pan, and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine. Once it has evaporated, add the rice and fry for about one minute.
- Heat up the chicken stock and add it to the pan. Include the chicken and a pinch of food coloring, turmeric, or saffron. Stir well and add some salt.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes over medium heat until the rice is ready.
- Chop the olives, add them, and stir to mix well. Any variety will be good to add a hint of flavor.
- Remove from heat and cover with a cloth to let it rest for 5 minutes. Et voilà!
Put a few lemon wedges in a bowl and serve it with the Spanish rice with chicken and olives. Each diner can squeeze the lemon onto their plate, to taste. A few drops will be enough to enhance the flavor of the dish without making it too sour.
Spanish rice with beans and olives recipe
For a vegetarian twist, replace the chicken with 14 ounces of dry red kidney beans. Soak the beans for 4 to 12 hours beforehand. Follow the same steps, substituting beans for chicken. The preparation time remains the same. Enjoy this delightful vegetarian version!